Monday, August 8, 2011

Now I lay me down to sleep...

Every night is a rush to be the first one comfortably lying in bed. It's a game really, one that my husband and I play every night. He was the first one lying down comfortably, having left the bathroom light on. I studiously ignored both facts and hopped into bed right next to him. This game is sort of like the "you're closer so you turn it off" "NO, you're the last one in bed so YOU turn it off" game that many couples play. You guys don't??? Huh...Anyways. While lying down next to him, there was that pause where both of us are contemplating who would be the first one to comment on it. I decided to comment on something else, to see if my lovingly sweet husband would be the man that I married and get out of bed first.

"Honey, I need pain meds and my pill." I thought for sure he'd just hop right out of bed and get those for me. Here is what he replies.

"I need antacids and a movie to be put on..." Yeah, we're THAT old! It seemed to happen over night. We both heartily laughed about those facts, then I hopped out of bed to get pain meds for my headache,  my pill, and also his antacids. While I was in the bathroom getting the products, he says nonchalantly...

"I don't really need antacids, I was just kidding." Har D Har Har. You got me honey. So I got the meds for myself alone, silently grumbling, and I turned the light off, and put a movie on, but then I noticed my water bottle was gone from the side of the bed!!! HA! I was to have the last laugh.

"Honey, I can't take my pill."

"Why  not?"

"My water is in the living room and it needs to be refilled (sigh and pout) I guess I'll go...." (pause, pouting even harder) He sighs, then shifts into the man I fell in love with.

"I'll go get it" he says. What a good man. I climb into bed, just a tiny bit smug, and wait for the most amazing man to join me. I win. :)

1 comment:

  1. I do this as well. I love my husband for getting me water when I forget...when he asks why I don't get it myself I say I like it better when he does it. :) Please keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete