Monday, September 28, 2009

Commercials to save the...(insert fundraiser)

You know the ones...they show you something horribly attrocious, squeeze tears out of your eyeballs, then give you hope, ONLY if you help by sending (name the price) each month! YOU CAN BE SOMEONE'S HERO!!!

Then the guilt sets in when you realize you should help, but you're not going to for whatever reason (i.e. tight income, lazy, broke, busy, etc, etc). But still, that guilt eats at you, especially when you see the crying child, or the starving dog, or the sad music with the american flag and/or the coffin...I'm happy to know that someone is out there fighting for whatever cause this is, but I whole heartedly agree with Dane Cook, we need people to kick our "*sses" into gear. Have that one guy in a biker jacket come out yelling at us, calling us lazy, telling us it's only "ten cents a day, a *&%#ing dime!" That guy would probably convince us to help more often than the sad music and depressed looking animals. Or maybe it wouldn't. Either way, now I need to go scrounge around and dump all my change into a "save the universe" fund somewhere. Or maybe I'll buy a bum a cheeseburger. Anything to satisfy this guilt...until the next commercial that makes me cry.

1 comment:

  1. I think the "Paula needs a spa weekend" fundraiser could use some spare change! ;)

    ReplyDelete