Friday, October 16, 2009

Oh to be a pie...

So I keep calling places and making appointmentss. One for G's dentist, another for my yearly (ugh, TMI, i know), another to get lead test results, and lastly looking up one concerning a H1N1 vaccine. Then I have to go to the store, return the wrong toilet bowl cleaners i purchased yesterday, and get the right ones, then off to an automotive shop to recycle my old car battery. All this with my 5 year old in tow! Today is no school, for teacher's meetings and what not...wonder what they do all day? Perhaps they need a day off from kids as well. ;)

So I'm busy today. Going to get all my writing done, going to work on running (if G will let me), and have to have all my household activities accomplished well before Mike arrives home. Same stuff, different day, with added chores. Bah.

So what is the randomness of me today? Beer. I'm looking forward to beer tonight. It's my way of celebrating surviving another week in order to enjoy one more weekend. This weekend looks forward to possible snow, freezing weather, and still no heat. So I must bake, bake, bake, to keep the house warm. This weekend's recipe: Apple Tart. I have no idea what the difference is between a tart and a pie, but I think its that tarts have chunks of apples and slices of apples wrapped in a crust, where as a pie sits on top of the crust, with another layer on top...I'll look it up...let's see what the world wide web says it is: AHHH, i see (says the blind man to his deaf dog)...very interesting. Here, I'll post the link so you can read it too, if you'd like http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/best-pie-bakeoff-2008/pie-vs-tart-whats-the-difference-068710.

Anywho, off to be productive! Maybe I'll find a million dollar lottery ticket on the floor today! Or at the very least, and 5 dollar bill on the ground somehwere. That would make for a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment